Hello, Ward 8! The first 100 days of the term have been amazing.
Ward Update: February 2022
There are some major successes for the City of Calgary that have come out of this Council which deserve celebration. From focusing attention to ensure we are building more affordable housing in partnership with the Federal government, to a further commitment to building back our downtown core. But it is important to note, these successes are nothing without the long-term vision of creating a city that serves its citizens resiliently, sustainably, and as equitably as possible. I look forward to what will come next in our journey together!
— Councillor Walcott
Update for Ward 8 Communities
Residential Parking Permit Program changes – more information to come
As of January 2022:
- Residents who currently do not have a permit who reside in an ineligible building will not be able to obtain a new permit for street parking.
- Residents who currently have a permit will be able to renew their permit for 2022, and will be advised in the coming weeks and months if their building is ineligible in the future. Permits renew on a two-year cycle; expiry in these cases would occur over 2023-2024.
- Contact CPA’s Customer Service centre at 403-537-7000 or visit CalgaryParking.com if you have questions about permit eligibility.
Resilient Roofing Rebate Program
- Beginning January 1, 2022, the rebate program will open to all homeowners who meet the eligibility criteria and have replaced or plan to replace their roof with Class 4 impact-resistant products after June 1, 2021. Proof of hail damage will not be required. Visit Calgary.ca/Hail for more information.
ENMAX projects in Ward 8
- Jan-March 2022: Power pole replacement in Downtown and Upper Mount Royal
- Jan-March 2022: Substation 1 site preparation at 830 9 AV SW
- Feb-July 2022: Infrastructure maintenance: rebuilding electrical maintenance hole at 5 ST SW x 12 ST SW
Visit enmax.com/projects for more information.
2022 Property Assessment Notices
- Customer Review Period runs from January 5 - March 14, 2022. For more information, visit Calgary.ca/Assessment
- View how property tax dollars are distributed by service using this tool.
Citizen Satisfaction Survey
Fall 2021 results are available online. Ward-specific results will be available from Jan 28, 2022 onward.